Apna CSC is a National E- Governance Plan called common service center. This is an initiative under the Digital India Program launched by the Government of India. Its prime motto is to provide Government to Citizen (G2C) and Business to Citizen (B2C) services for multiple purposes at a single destination. This center will provide physical delivery of various E-services to the villages and rural areas where the facilities of computer and internet are not available. The Common Service Centers (CSCs) works as delivery outlets for delivery of services by Government and Private services Sector.
Besides providing delivery of electronic services Apna CSC works as an agent of The Government who promotes rural entrepreneurs and develop the capabilities, talents, and livelihoods of the people of rural India. It makes all the information accessible in rural areas. Apna CSC delivers the public services such as quality education, efficient and better health services at a nominal cost, and also helps to upgrade the skill of the people.
Through Apna CSC the Government has established a profit making model by providing social services. This will help to achieve the fastest socio-economic growth and change in rural areas.
What do you mean by VLE?
Common Service Center (CSC) is allocated a local resident of the village. This is called Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE). The Apna CSC will be run by Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE)
Who can be a VLE to run Apna CSC service center?
Anyone can be The VLE to run Apna CSC service center if he is eligible as per the Apna CSC guidelines. There are certain eligibility /criteria to be qualified to be a VLE. As per the guidelines, these criteria are as follows.
- The applicant has to be a local resident.
- The age of applicant at the time of application must be 18 years and above
- The applicant should have passed the grade 10 from any recognized Secondary Education Board.
- The Applicant must have Aadhar Card.
- The knowledge of local language is must and he must have basic knowledge of English.
- Basic knowledge of computer is one of the most important criteria.
- Applicant must have a personal computer with Windows XP-SP2 or above.
- PC must have the 120GB hard disk, 512 MB RAM, Ups with battery backup, CD/DVD drive, printer, scanner, portable generator, Web Cam, Broadband connection, and very important Biometric/ IRIS Authentication Scanner to provide net banking services.
Why VLE Registration on CSC Portal is needed?
Once the applicant is registered under Apna CSC, he has to register himself under VLE. The Apna CSC will run by Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) so it is very much important for the applicant to register himself on official portal of Government.
How to register for Apna CSC VlE?
The process of VLE Registration is as follows.
- Log on to www.apna.csc.gov.in
- Choose the Login tab on the top of the page.
- You will find “CSC Connect” click on it.
- Now new page will open here VLE has to provide the CSC ID and its Password.
- Once the process of authentication is over a new page of registration will appear. Here VLE needs to fill personal information.
- Once details are entered accurately click on SUBMIT button on the page.
- On successful submission, E-Mail and SMS will be sent to VLE for verification.
- VLE has to click the link sent through E-Mail enter the CSC ID and Password and activation code sent through SMS on mobile.
- Now click on the SUBMIT option.
- The mail of confirmation of successful registration will be sent to the VLE.
The confirmation mail for successful registration will be sent to the VLE. Now Common Service Center (CSC) is registered and can start its services.