Apna CSC is a National E- Governance Plan called common service center. This is an initiative under the Digital India Program launched by the Government of India. Its prime motto is to provide Government to Citizen (G2C) and Business to Citizen (B2C) services for multiple purposes at a single destination. This center will provide physical delivery of various E-services to the villages and rural areas where the facilities of computer and internet are not available. The Common Service Centers (CSCs) works as delivery outlets for delivery of services by Government and Private services Sector.
Besides providing delivery of electronic services Apna CSC works as an agent of The Government who promotes rural entrepreneurs and develop the capabilities, talents, and livelihoods of the people of rural India. It makes all the information accessible in rural areas. Apna CSC delivers the public services such as quality education, efficient and better health services at a nominal cost, and also helps to upgrade the skill of the people.
Through Apna CSC the Government has established a profit making model by providing social services. This will help to achieve the fastest socio-economic growth and change in rural areas.
Services Provided By APNA CSC:
Apna Common Service Center mainly provides electronic or digital services in rural areas. Various Government, as well as Public services, is made available at the door step of the people leaving in rural areas and villages in India through Apna CSC. This service center provides various services which can be categorized as G2C services (government to consumer), B2C services ((Business to Consumer), B2B (Business to Business), educational services, health services, financial services, and many other services. It also provides various training related services. Let’s find out the list of all services related to above-mentioned categories.
List of Services provided by Common Service Centers:
- Government to Consumer (G2C):
Various Government services like Birth/ Death Certificate, downloading, and submission of various forms, income tax, Property tax, Aadhar card, PAN card, bus pass, railway ticket, passport, licenses, permit, subsidies etc. are provided by CSC centers for a convenience of citizens of India. The list of services provided by centers under G2C categories is as follows.
- PAN Card
- UP labor Dept.
- Digitize India
- Insurance Services such as General insurance, health insurance, vehicle insurance, property insurance, etc
- Birth and death certificate i.e. E-Nagrik & E- District Services
- Pension Services
- NIELIT Services
- Aadhar services
- NIOS Registration
- Election Services
- Cyber Gram
- E-Courts and Results Services
- Services of Department of Post
- Apollo Telemedicine
- Electoral Services
- State Electricity and Water Bill Collection Services
- Premium Collection Services of LIC, SBI, ICICI Prudential, MAX Life, AVIVA DHFL and all licensed Insurance Companies
- Swachh Bharat IHHL Project of MoUD
- Business to Consumer (B2C):
Various business services are made available through CSC. These services are very useful as they make the like of people living in rural areas or villages easy and they also help in achieving good economy rate. The list of services provided by centers under B2C categories is as follows.
- Mobile and DTH Recharge of all service providers like Vodafone, Idea, Reliance, Airtel etc.
- VLE Bazar where the products made by villagers are sold to give them livelihood and raise their standard of living
- Mobile bill payments
- Data card recharge
- Online cricket course
- CSC Bazar
- Train, air and bus ticket booking services
- English speaking course
- Sales of book, electronics, households items etc. through E-commerce
- Agriculture services like seeds fertilizers
- CSC Bazaar
- Bill cloud
- Educational Services:
This is one of the major services provided by CSC. Through educational services people can get an education, people can enroll in distance learning courses, and this will help them to get better employment. The list of services provided by centers under educational services categories are as follows.
- Animation Courses: There is a help manual to learn animation courses. Informational videos will help you to get the practical knowledge of the concepts.
- Digital Literacy: Through this you can learn different computer courses, Besides, there are many training tutorials which help to the “ASHA” and “Anganwadi” officials and workers. You will also find Investor Awareness Programme, NABARD financial literacy program, and many more skill development programs hereby.
- National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology Services (NIELIT): With this service, you can do online registration, fee submission, online examination form downloading and submission, and print out of examination forms etc.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Services: In order to promote open schooling in villages and in rural Areas, registration of Students, result declaration, online submission of examination fees, etc. CSC works as NIOS Facilitation Centers
- Adult Literacy: people irrespective of age can learn reading, writing, English speaking, etc. TARA Akshar+ offers this service.
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Services: IGNOU offers many services for distance learning program like examination Form, results declaration, Students Admission etc are being provided by CSC.
- MKCL Services: This service, The Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) offers many online vocational and technical courses.
- Health Services:
This is the most challenging service offered by CSC. In rural areas and villages, people lack knowledge of hygienic living habits and conditions, healthy and hygienic eating habits, and sanitization methods. These cause frequent illness. CSC provides health service in such areas by offering health services such as Apollo registration, telemedicine manual, Jan Ausadhi manual, etc.
- Financial Inclusion:
CSC provides various financial Services like Banking, Insurance, gratuity and pension to the people living in rural areas and in villages.
- Banking: Many banking services like net banking, opening a new bank account, Deposit and Withdrawal of money, Balance information, statement of accounts, saving account, recurring accounts, fixed deposit, overdraft, demand draft, personal loan loan, Credit Card, debit card, Kisan credit card, etc. are made available through CSC. 42 public and private sector and regional rural banks have tied up with CSC centers.
- Insurance: CSC is also providing all major Insurance products and services to the people living in rural areas and in villages. You can buy and pay a premium for life Insurance, general insurance health insurance, crop insurance, property insurance Personal Accident, vehicle Insurance etc. through CSC.
- Pension: CSC offers the National Pension System in rural areas, villages and semi-urban areas by opening Tier 1 and Tier 2 Accounts, easy pension withdrawal, Deposit, etc.
- Other Services:
CSC provides many other useful services. These services are as follows.
- Agriculture: CSC provides agriculture services such as Farmer registration, online experts advice, weather forecasts, crop-related information, easy availability of seed, manure, use of proper irrigation methods and tools, use of fertilizers, soil information these services help farmer to grow right crop at right time and thereby increase the production.
- Recruitment: It keeps on updating information related to various vacancies in government jobs, such as recruitment in Aanganwadi, schools, offices, Indian Navy, Indian Army, and Indian Air Force etc.
- Income Tax Filling: You can file your Income Tax Returns can through CSC. VLE is provided manual information for this in Hindi as well as in English.
CSC provided training and tutorials related to Sarkari Pariksha i.e. entrance examinations for various jobs in Government sector.
- Business to Business(B2B):
Services like Research of current Market scenario, Rural BPO Data Collection, digitization of Datasheet etc., come under business to business services. These services are also offered by Apna CSC.